TF 1800 BGA and SMD Rework System
Inductive-Convection Heating Technology Provides Ultimate Thermal Performance
Conventional resistance coil heating technology has been successfully used in convective rework stations for decades to install and remove a variety of BGA, QFN, CSP, CGA, PoP, Flip Chip, 0201 and other bottom terminated components. However, today’s extremely high thermal mass boards, ultra-fine pitch components and challenging production rework environments demand greater process control, thermal performance and faster throughput than ever before.
Enter PACE’s TF 1800 BGA/SMD Rework System. With its groundbreaking, patent-pending Inductive-Convection Heating Technology, the TF 1800’s top-side heater reaches the target temperature in just seconds for safe, rapid solder joint reflow in virtually any component installation or removal application.
Top-Side Heater: Fast Heat Up - Rapid Cool Down
PACE’s Inductive-Convection Heater easily outperforms competitive heaters which utilize standard forced air convection technology, achieving target temperature instantaneously, about 4x faster than competitive heaters. Unlike conventional heaters, the TF 1800 immediately drops to temperatures well below solder melt when the heater is de-energized.
How Inductive-Convection Heating Works
The TF 1800’s Inductive-Convection Heating Technology provides ultimate thermal performance by its ability to instantly heat up and cool down the temperature of the air it delivers to the work.
1.) The air is first pre-heated in the outer heater chamber as it moves in a cyclonic fashion around the induction coil before it enters the inner chamber. 2.) After entering the inner chamber, the pre-heated air is then heated to target temperature through a highly efficient heat transfer process in an energized induction field. 3.) During active cooling, the induction coil is de-energized and the TF 1800 delivers fast, controlled, active cooling of the component and PCB directly through the nozzle, eliminating the risk of excessive intermetallic growth and yielding the highest quality solder joints.
Powerful, Energy Efficient Performance
The TF 1800’s Inductive-Convection Heating Technology delivers all the power you need to tackle the most challenging high thermal mass PCBs available today. Yet, its highly-efficient design does it with just a fraction of the power required by yesterday’s conventional heating technology.
Ultra-High Precision Placement Capability
Newly designed motorized reflow head is driven by an advanced stepper motor system which provides smooth, high precision, repeatable movement with no drift, allowing for soft landing of components and 28µm (.0011") placement accuracy.
High Sensitivity Vacuum Pick Assembly
New Vacuum Pick design is more robust, utilizes an optical sensor, is counterweight balanced, and uses precision high temperature linear ball bearings for the highest sensitivity in placement and pick-up. Includes 7 Vacuum Picks.
PACE Exclusive Height Adjustable Bottom-Side Preheater
High powered medium/long wave quartz IR heating elements respond faster with 1000W of power. The preheater height is adjustable from standard position up to 38mm (1.5") closer to the PCB for the most challenging high thermal mass boards.
Integrated Board Support Wand
An innovative Board Support Wand prevents warping or sagging during reflow, is extremely adjustable to clear parts on the bottom of PCB, and is easily removed when not in use.
High-Definition Optical Alignment System
An automated Vision Overlay System uses a beam-splitting prism for simultaneous view of PCB pads and balls, high intensity LEDs for shadow-free lighting, and new high definition 1080p camera to easily align any component.
Crisp & Clear Images for Component Alignment
A high definition Vision Overlay System uses bright white LEDs with independent intensity control and up to 240x zoom capability to provide precise distinction of pads and solder ball or leads.
Quad-Field Imaging for Large/Fine Pitch BGA's
Quad-Field Imaging allows up to four corners of a large component (and its pads) to be viewed under high magnification, providing perfect alignment of outsized BGAs or fine-pitch QFPs.
Fourth Generation Software Suite
Newly designed Windows-based software provides a simple graphical interface with intuitive set-up and profiling, on-the-fly profile adjustment, unlimited profile storage and much more.
For a limited time, we will provide 10 Nozzles free of charge with the purchase of each TF 1800 System, a value of over $3,400/£2,700/€3,340! Over 90 standard nozzles are optionally available for BGA, CSP, QFP, SO, QFN and other components. Custom designs can be created to meet specific rework requirements. Click HERE for a list of available nozzles.
- Power Requirements120 VAC, 50-60Hz (requires 20 A supply)|| 230 VAC, 50-60Hz (requires 10 A supply); 1600W maximum
- Dimensions737mm (29") H x 686mm (27") W x 737mm (29") D
- Weight (Without Computer)45kg (100lbs)
- Top-side HeaterInductive-Convection Heater, 300 Watts
- Bottom Side HeaterMedium/Long wave IR, 1000 Watts; 220mm (8.6") x 155mm (6.1")
- Bottom Heater Adjustable HeightCan be raised up to 38mm (1.5") closer to the PCB
- Active Cooling CapabilityOffers swift, yet controlled component/PCB cooling, directly through the nozzle
- High Sensitivity Vacuum Pick Counterweight balanced with an optical sensor and precision high temperature linear ball bearings (includes 7 picks)
- Precision Placement CapabilityPlacement system utilizes a stepper motor and position encoding for precise movement
- Placement Accuracy28μm (.0011") accuracy
- Board Support WandPrevents PCBs from sagging or warping during rework and is adjustable to clear parts on the underside of a PCB
- Temperature Setting RangeTop Heater: 100˚ to 400˚C (212˚- 750˚F) || Bottom Heater: 100˚ to 221˚C (212˚- 430˚F)
- Max PCB SizeMaximum: 305mm x 305mm (12" x 12")
- Max/Min Component SizeMaximum: 65mm (2.5") x 65mm (2.5"); Minimum: 1mm Sq.
- Thermocouple InputsFour (4) thermocouple inputs (includes 4 K-type thermocouples)
- High Definition Optical AlignmentVision Overlay System (VOS) with High Definition 1080p color camera
- Vision Overlay System (VOS)Contains integrated frame grabber and dichroic beam-splitting prism with independantly controlled LED lighting
- VOS Zoom CapabilityUp to 240x zoom capability, with Stable Zoom and image stabilization
- Quad-Field ImagingAllows up to four opposite corners of a large component (and its pads) to be viewed under higher magnification
- Single Axis OperationAll operations are complete in a single axis, eliminating risk of component movement after placement/reflow
- Auxiliary Cooling FanStandard
- SoftwareIntuitive, user-friendly, Windows software guides operators through profile development and execution
- Computer SystemWindows 8.1 PC, with wireless mouse and keyboard
- Video Monitor607mm (24") wide screen flat panel monitor (includes Monitor Arm Mounting Kit)
- Video InputsUSB 3.0
- Maximum AirflowSelf contained pump, PC controlled, adjustable up to 30 SLPM
- Nitrogen CapabilityNitrogen soldering and cooling ready
- Component NestsThree (3) removable and adjustable Component Nests provided for perfect centering of components
- Heat Focusing, Vented NozzlesOptional; over 90 nozzles available
- Flux Application PlateIncluded; allows for automated flux dipping
- Stencils/Solder Paste ApplicationOver 145 stencil kits are optionally available (requires Universal Bracket Kit) and are integrated into the installation process
- PV-65 Pik-Vac Vacuum WandIncluded; provides a manual vacuum pick-up capability for handling SMDs, with 15 minute auto-off feature
- WarrantyOne Year Limited Warranty